Due to the onset of the Covid-19, lots of churches and meetings are exploring alternative ways of being together (often digital). Here’s some resources:
- Quaker Gatherings: best practices and creative explorations. (Facebook group – I am an admin, ask to join and answer the questions)
“Blended/Hybrid” Meetings for Worship – online and in-person.
This pandemic and the need for social distancing will most likely require us to remain distanced, at least significant parts of our communities, for a long time/”new normal”.
Some Friends are wondering about how we continue to incorporate the gifts technology has given to us in this time while also being in physical spaces. Here’s some resources, all shared with permission.
- Transitioning to hybrid small groups (UMC)
- Learnings from 2021 Quaker Spring Hybrid Gatherings – David Coletta
- Hybrid Meeting Tech & Setup: Equipment used recently at Friends Meeting at Cambridge (Alasdair Post-Quinn)
- David Coletta and Jen Higgins-Newman | Exploring Hybridity
- Documents with guidance and details from Friends Meeting of San Antonio
- Thoughts on hybrid worship from Quaker Emily Provance
- PYM guidance on reopening
- Post Pandemic Worship Worksheet – Bruce Reyes-Chow
- Things to consider before a beginning hybrid experiment in your meeting (NEYM)
- Birmingham Monthly Meeting Guidance on Re-Opening
- Willistown Monthly Meeting Guidance on Blended Meetings
- Hybrid Church – A Way Forward by Rev Tim Schenk
- 7 Reasons you must not abandon your online services
- About Hybrid Meetings: How they work (PhilYM)
- Equipment Requirements For Blended/Hybrid Meetings – from Concord NH Meeting
- Virtual “Coffee Rooms” using various tech platforms
- Thoughts on blending Physical and online Meetings for Worship – Woodbrooke
- Pendle Hill Barn Online Worship Specs 5-29-2020
- Pendle Hill’s Hybrid Worship Experiment
- MaineBob O’Connor explained Vassalboro’s Meeting’s process for a hybrid meeting for worship (zoom and in-person). That part of the conversation has been excerpted here.
- The Internet is Real
- 12 Pieces of Advice for Quakers on the Internet (this was written in 2013! How can it possible apply now? Find out!)
- Walking in the Light of Screens
Click below for more resource pages