Due to the onset of the Covid-19, lots of churches and meetings are exploring alternative ways of being together (often digital). Here’s some resources:
- Quaker Gatherings: best practices and creative explorations. (Facebook group – I am an admin, ask to join and answer the questions)
This resource list is from the conversation “Quakers adapting in new ways – sharing and discussion”.
Quaker meetings of all sizes and types have been challenged to change and grow in new ways in this time of global pandemic. In 2022, what are we learning? What do we have to share with each other as we grow and shift into new experiences? What about the former Quaker tradition are we preserving and encouraging as well?
- Discussion Recording
- Friends Meeting at Cambridge Tech Diagram
- Equipment list for Friends Meeting at Cambridge
- Contributions from our small groups in conversation
“Blended/Hybrid” Meetings for Worship – online and in-person.
This pandemic and the need for social distancing will most likely require us to remain distanced, at least significant parts of our communities, for a long time/”new normal”.
Some Friends are wondering about how we continue to incorporate the gifts technology has given to us in this time while also being in physical spaces. Here’s some resources, all shared with permission.
- The complex futures of blended meetings for worship
- Hybrid Meeting – A Drama
- Is Hybrid Worship Corporate Worship?
- Praying for Zoom Support,” – David Coletta
- Being The Church (blog series) – Emily Provance
- Transitioning to hybrid small groups (UMC)
- Learnings from 2021 Quaker Spring Hybrid Gatherings – David Coletta
- Hybrid Meeting Tech & Setup: Equipment used recently at Friends Meeting at Cambridge (Alasdair Post-Quinn)
- David Coletta and Jen Higgins-Newman | Exploring Hybridity
- Documents with guidance and details from Friends Meeting of San Antonio
- Thoughts on hybrid worship from Quaker Emily Provance
- PYM guidance on reopening
- Post Pandemic Worship Worksheet – Bruce Reyes-Chow
- Things to consider before a beginning hybrid experiment in your meeting (NEYM)
- Birmingham Monthly Meeting Guidance on Re-Opening
- Willistown Monthly Meeting Guidance on Blended Meetings
- Hybrid Church – A Way Forward by Rev Tim Schenk
- 7 Reasons you must not abandon your online services
- About Hybrid Meetings: How they work (PhilYM)
- Equipment Requirements For Blended/Hybrid Meetings – from Concord NH Meeting
- The Internet is Real
- 12 Pieces of Advice for Quakers on the Internet (this was written in 2013! How can it possible apply now? Find out!)
- Walking in the Light of Screens
Click below for more resource pages