Due to the onset of the Covid-19, lots of churches and meetings are exploring alternative ways of being together (often digital). Here’s some resources:
- Quaker Gatherings: best practices and creative explorations. (Facebook group – I am an admin, ask to join and answer the questions)
“Blended/Hybrid” Meetings for Worship – online and in-person.
This pandemic and the need for social distancing will most likely require us to remain distanced, at least significant parts of our communities, for a long time/”new normal”. Some Friends are already wondering about how we continue to incorporate the gifts technology has given to us in this time while also being in physical spaces.
- Thoughts on hybrid worship from Quaker Emily Provance
- Post Pandemic Worship Worksheet – Bruce Reyes-Chow
- Things to consider before a beginning hybrid experiment in your meeting (NEYM)
- Hybrid Church – A Way Forward by Rev Tim Schenk
- 7 Reasons you must not abandon your online services
- About Hybrid Meetings: How they work (PhilYM)
- Equipment Requirements For Blended/Hybrid Meetings – from Concord NH Meeting
- Virtual “Coffee Rooms” using various tech platforms
- Thoughts on blending Physical and online Meetings for Worship – Woodbrooke
- Pendle Hill Barn Online Worship Specs 5-29-2020
- Pendle Hill’s Hybrid Worship Experiment
- Are you ready for hybrid online/in person worship? (Presbyterian)
- An example (video) introduction to a church hybrid worship experience
- MaineBob O’Connor explained Vassalboro’s Meeting’s process for a hybrid meeting for worship (zoom and in-person). That part of the conversation has been excerpted here.
- The Internet is Real
- 12 Pieces of Advice for Quakers on the Internet (this was written in 2013! How can it possible apply now? Find out!)
- Walking in the Light of Screens
Click below for more resource pages