Outreach in the Digital Age: Possibilities, Imperatives, and Overcoming Barriers
(Resources in support of our April 3 phone call)
- What are the digital “essentials” for outreach today?
- the “why” of having a Facebook presence
- Getting started: key steps in establishing a Facebook presence
- Beginner’s checklist
- Questions every meeting should ask
Sample Social Media Policies:
Sample Social Media Policy: New England Yearly Meeting (A reminder that this policy is very detailed, and for a Yearly Meeting which spans 6 states and many concerns. A local Meeting may not need this much detail.)
- What content is appropriate for a Facebook page? What can Facebook do well?
- Surmounting barriers to establishing an effective Facebook presence
Dear Facebook, I think I want to quit you (written by Scott Gunn, an Episcopal priest)
Facebook: Ministry Opportunity or Pointless Burden? (Scott Gunn)
- Where did I learn all this information?
I’m by no means a “techie” by trade – but I love to learn from others, especially church folks who explore how digital ministry can help us be more faithful in our communities both on-line and in person.
Links to Kathleen on Facebook: